The New Champions
The New Champions is a Hero System Champions game based in a modified version the Champions Universe. All the Heroes are dead, killed in an alternate universe version of September 11, 2001. Now, over four years later in February 2006 superhumans have returned to the world. No one knows why yet, but it's evident that the Superheroes and Supervillains are back. The campaign takes place primarily in New York City. Below you can find links to campaign details.
Campaign Start: The campaigns opens up with the origins stories of our new heroes. The starting characters are built on 250 Points (150 Base + 100 Disadvantages). The opening session of each character started them without Superpowers. Experience will be accelerated until the characters are standard 350 points Supers (200 Base + 150 Disadvantages). At that point Experience will be slowed down to more "normal" rates.
- Built To Last - Archetype: Brick Powered Armor; using the armor of a former serieal killer (Helter Skelter) BTL is a close in fighter.
- Enigma - Archetype: Mystic Gadgeteer; Enigma specializes in Rune Magic to create magical artifacts.
- Intertia - Archetype: Speedster; Inertia manipulates kinetic energy, another close in fighter focusing on speed instead of defense.
- Promethean - Archetype: Energy Projector;
The groups ranged support and healer.
Game World Information
Game Mechanics Information
- Optional Rules Being Used
- Flat x3 STUN Multiple on Killing Attacks
- Bleeding Rules
- Optional Combat Maneuvers allowed for Dramatic Purposes
- Multiple Power Attacks
- Multiple Attacker Penalties when appropriate
- Bouncing An Attack
- Spreading Attacks
- Optional Rules Not Being Used
- Hit Locations (Called Shots Acceptable)
- Wounding/Disabling/Impairing Rules (exceptions can be made for dramatic purposes)
- House Rules
- Pushing: When dramatically appropriate; must succeed with an EGO Roll, may add 10 Active Points, costs +1 END per Active Point
- Facing Rules - when appropriate
- You may attack and then make a 1/2 Move occasionally
- For Area Of Effect Attacks a Hexes DCV is 0
- Abort To Hurry; when dramatically appropriate you may Abort your next phase to Hurry an action.
- Additional Notes
- Code Versus Killing - A short essay on how the Code Versus Killing Disadvantage is treated in this game.